The NPWS have published details of the application process for the 2021/2022 season.
Full details can be found at https://www.npws.ie/licences/hunting/deer-hunting-licences-2021-2022
Points to Note:
- Application forms and further info on the 2021/22 season will be posted on 15 March 2021.
- Application packs are not being sent to hunters who held a licence for 2020/2021 at this stage, but this is subject to review.
- Applicants are not required to submit a signed landowner permission at this time due to current travel restrictions, but must provide all landowner permission details on the app form.
- Applicants can still provide Coillte permits with their application.
- Please make an application asap once the forms are available on the 15th March.
- If you are a New applicant, you must complete the application form and have permission from a landowner(s) to hunt deer on land of at least 100 acres (42 hectares). However, if you are applying to hunt deer on your own lands, the 100 acre requirement does not apply.